Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
You rely on your insurance agency to protect you against the numerous risks and liabilities present in all parts of your life. Here at McCartan Insurance Group, we strive to provide every client with benefits that are guaranteed to always provide them with high levels of protection in the face of life’s challenges.
Home insurance is one of the most essential pieces of asset protection that any homeowner can carry. Plans are highly customizable to fit the unique liabilities present in every home. We strive to help every homeowner design the policy that offers them affordable protection at a great value.
Call us at (515) 663-2273 or request your no-obligation quote online today.
Common Home Insurance Questions
How Does Home Insurance Work?
Besides being your haven and most valuable possession, your home is also an investment. If something comes along to damage it, then your financial security could be called into question. Homeowners insurance provides the money to help you pick up the pieces of unexpected or unavoidable accidents so that you don’t have to spend a lot of your personal money trying to do so.
Plans can be customized to address the risks and liabilities present in all homes, including high-value homes, rental properties, condominiums and mobile & manufactured homes.
What Does Home Insurance Cover?
There are countless problems that you might face as a homeowner. These might be anything from fires to severe weather or lawsuits. Your homeowners plan can offer several essential benefits to help mitigate the cost risks that arise from these hazards:
- Structure Protection: This insures your house in the event of damage from fires, weather, theft, vandalism or other hazards.
- Detached Structures Coverage: Other buildings on your property – such as fences, carports, gazebos and detached garages - will have coverage.
- Possessions Insurance: This pays for damaged belongings. Protection might cover everything from furniture to food in the pantry and computer systems.
- Liability Coverage: If you accidentally harm someone else or damage their property, you can use this coverage to repay them. Coverage will often pay for incidents both on and off your property.
- Additional Living Expenses: Do you need to move out temporarily after household damage? Let this coverage reimburse you for expenses like dining or hotel bills.
How Much Home Insurance Do I Need?
Homeowners insurance is adaptable, which is why you can always adjust the benefits within your policy to fit your plan to your specifications.
To get the right coverage, you need to choose appropriate property coverage limits to reflect the value of your dwelling and possessions. You should also choose your liability coverage limits wisely, since you want to protect as much of your net worth as possible in case of a lawsuit.
Beyond standard coverage, a variety of endorsements can help you adapt your plan to your benefit. These include:
- Scheduled items riders (high-value contents endorsements)
- Replacement cost value possessions coverage
- Umbrella liability insurance
- Earthquake and windstorm endorsements
- Pet liability insurance
Standard home insurance will not cover flood damage, and you must buy flood insurance separately. Most plans are provided by the National Flood Insurance Program and offered by major carriers.
Is Home Insurance Required?
If you have a home mortgage, then your lender will likely require you to buy homeowners insurance. After you have paid off the loan, you might be able to drop this coverage, but it is never recommended that you do so. Our agents will work with you to make sure that your plan always protects you in ways that are optimized for the precise liabilities present on your property.