Business Insurance in West Des Moines, IA
Owning a business is a significant responsibility, and you must do what you can to protect it. One of the best ways to protect your business is by obtaining a business insurance policy.
What Business Insurance Do I Need?
Most businesses need the following four types of coverage:
1. Property insurance can help compensate a business if its property is damaged due to a covered incident. This may include the business’s physical building or structure as well as furniture, inventory, raw materials, machinery, computers and other items critical to normal operations.
2. Liability insurance can help pay for losses and/or medical bills if the business causes property damage or bodily harm to a third party.
3. Business auto insurance can help cover costs for bodily damage or property damage resulting from an accident involving a company-owned vehicle.
4. Workers’ compensation insurance can help provide replacement income and medical benefits to employees injured or ill due to a work-related incident.
How Often Do You Pay for Business Insurance?
You can usually pay your business insurance premiums monthly or annually. Often, you can save money by choosing to pay annually, but you shouldn’t suffer any penalty for paying monthly.
How Much Business Insurance Does an LLC Need?
There are many factors to consider when determining how much business insurance an LLC needs. Some of these factors include the following:
- Industry or type of business
- Number of employees
- Claims history
Talk to a qualified insurance provider about your business insurance needs to ensure you get the coverage and limits that make the most sense.
What Is Business Interruption Insurance?
Business interruption insurance is one type of coverage that can be included as part of a business insurance policy. It is also known as business income insurance and contingent business interruption coverage. Its purpose is to help replace lost income if you can’t operate your business after a covered loss, such as property damage from a fallen tree. Business interruption insurance can help cover operating expenses, including revenue, mortgage, rent or lease payments, loan payments, taxes, payroll, relocation costs and other expenses.
Business Insurance Quote in Des Moines, IA
If you want to learn more about business insurance, contact McCarten Insurance Group. We can help you find the coverage to fit your business’s needs.